Just so you know, I got this PC off the ground and running (and has been for a couple weeks).
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
- ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard (Intel 975X)
- 6GB DDR2 Memory
- 3 hard drives (320GB, 500GB, 300GB = 1TB+)
- ATI All-in-Wonder HD / SB Audigy 2 ZS
- DVD Burners
- Windows 7 / Ubuntu 9.10
- etc, etc, etc
Will allow me to do the following things with ease
- WinMo/Android development
- Record this Vocal Kid mixtape
- Record Muneee Mondays podcast
- Watch Hulu on my Playstation 3 (via PlayOnTv)
- Listen to music or watch videos anywhere in my house…ie. a home media server
- Run a couple virtual machines that serve me no purpose…lol
- Turn my laptop into a purely DJ/web-browsing device
- Video Skype with my fiancee while she is in the United Kingdom
It’s pretty cool that I can do a couple of these things at the same time without anything slowing down at all. What do I do with it next?
King Mez ft. Thee Tom Hardy “Nowhere To Go” of King Mez’s upcoming album, The Paraplegics.
I am posting another review. This time its from bestwindowsmobileapps.com. Thanks for the review Saijo!
Shake to refresh feeds is a great idea. Also, the ability to add subscriptions is coming soon.
My dad gave me his custom built PC. I took it apart before I got a handle on the hardware it contained. From what I could tell though.
- ASUS P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard
- Intel Pentium D processor
- 2.5GB DDR2 memory
- 2 hard drives and 2 dvd drives/burner
- ATI All-in-Wonder HD video card/TV tuner
- Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS sound card
- Thermaltake 550W Powersupply
- Very loud case fans
- 20pounds of dust (lol)
Over the next couple weeks I will be:
- dumping the Pentium D in favor of a Core 2 Quad processor
- going from 2.5GB DDR2 memory to 6GB
- adding another hard drive to replace the aging IDE drive
- adding a Samsung LCD monitor
- buying quieter cooling fans
- installing Windows 7 and some version of Linux
- removing 20 pounds of dust
Hopefully I’ll get some pictures up. I’ll commission this machine to do all my audio recording/editing, software development, source code repository, and music/movie/file server. I have had this Gateway laptop for 2.5 years and it has done everything I have ever done with a PC during that time (recording mixtapes, Speeed Reader development, internet browsing) and its starting to fade into its golden years. This new PC should make life easier.