Have you ever left work and immediately gotten stuck in traffic? Or maybe you want to see if Chapel Hill Road is clear of snow so you make that 8’o’clock class. NC Traffic Cameras brings over 560 North Carolina Department of Transportation traffic cameras to your Android phone.
Designed to follow the latest Android design guidelines, NC Traffic Cams is beautiful, fast, fluid, and easy to use. Using NC Traffic Cams you can:
- Choose to view all traffic cameras in North Carolina or by city
- View cameras all traffic cameras or traffic cameras for a given city on a Google Map in app alongside traffic information provided by Google
- Show traffic cameras where you are (using your location)
- Swipe between cameras while viewing their details
- ‘Favorite’ cameras you count on the most to provide you with up to date travel conditions along your morning commute
- Share the traffic camera image with friends and family to alert them to traffic conditions
- Display the location of a traffic camera in the Google Maps application to get more detail traffic information
Frequently Asked Questions
I don’t see traffic cameras for my city?
If you do not see traffic cameras for your city, please contact me at email@example.com and let’s see if we can get your traffic cameras added.
Which way is the camera facing?
Some NC DOT cameras have direction indicators in one of the corners of the image. Common values include N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE, SB (Southbound), NB (Northbound), EB (Eastbound), and WB (Westbound). If it doesn’t have this indicator, there maybe visual hints that may alert you of the direction if you are familiar with the area in the camera image.
Can I request a feature?
Sure, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. NC Traffic Cams has a pretty packed roadmap, so you can expect the app to rapidly iterate past its initial release.